Bachelor thesis (12 ECTS)We thesis topics in computer vision, vision related deep learning, and biomedical image analysis. You will be integrated directly in the group's research. In fact, all projects are either part of the group's current research or are meant to initiate new research projects. We stopped listing particular projects here, since they get outdated quickly. We rather work out up-to-date projects on request. If you are sufficiently certain that you want to do a project in our group, please make an appointment with Prof. Thomas Brox. Do not forget to mention which relevant courses you have taken.
Information on project organization, learning goals, hardware usage.
Finished Bachelor theses
- Evaluation of dataset characteristics for training deep networks (Lukas Halbritter, 2017)
- Data collection and augmentation for rain prediction using a convolutional neural network (Frank Gelhausen, 2016)
- Weather prediction based on rain radar images using convolutional neural networks (Louis Retter, 2016)
- Segmentierung von Graphen mithilfe von primal-dual Algorithmen auf der GPU (Raphael Smolik, 2015)
- Bilevel Optimierung für die Interpolationsmaske bei linearer diffusionsbasierter Bildkompression (Gerd-Emmanuel Nandzik, 2015)
- Global and Instance-based Hyperparameter Optimization for Large Displacement Optical Flow (Lukas Vögtle, 2015)
- Influence of scale on neural network training and testing (Lukas Brendle, 2015)
- Detektion von Fingerkuppen (Johanna Götz, 2013)
- Schnelles Kameratracking mit Autokalibrierung auf planaren Oberflächen (Markus Frey, 2013)
- Visuelles Tracking von Nagerfüßen (Markus Näther, 2013)
- An object detector trained on line drawings (Patric Tippmann, 2012)
- Generalization properties of patch representations for video segmentation (Mauricio Munoz, 2012)